I have lots of fond memories with friends...





just goofing off with Joe...





and checking out the local apperal...

Of course we did do more than just goof off, the days were spent biking



and the nights were spent going out to the bars, harassing the tourists, drinking beer and nursing our sore muscles.
Sometimes(always) we would laugh at friends who crashed(Kelly)..

and we would enjoy the local CrankWorx festival on a hot summer day while getting a tan...




We have always felt that we were locals when we go to Whistler with all the time we have spent there. 2006 summer when I was pregnant with Selena we were there for the 4th of July and then again two weeks before her birth. Six weeks after she was born I was back riding the mtn. 2007 was another summer where Selena got to know Whister a little better and the yummy icecream at Cows. 2008 was a little more tricky, Selena was very mobile and able to walk the town and enjoy the lakes. Joe and I has to switch off taking the bike trailer off my bike and put it on his depending on who was riding the mtn. Though a mtn bike with a bike trailer was quite the attraction. People would actually ask if we were taking her in the trailer up the mtn to ride down. Yes, I would love to see that.




2009 we will be juggling two little ones and it's going to get a little more tricky for us to take turns biking but Whistler will be a great place to go as a family for outdoor adventure and relaxation. Selena will be biking the paths and dreaming one day to go big at the bike park with mommy and daddy. At least for one more year until the Olympics comes in and it becomes to touresty. In that case there is always Sun Peaks, it's a 1980 style Whistler, further away but has the makings of a great vacation spot.
1 comment:
I love the dude wearing the welding hood while he's driving. I remember going up to Whistler with you and Joe that one summer (It may have also been 2005). Joe got to laugh at me quite a bit on that trip, especially on that one wipeout I had.
Post a Comment