Today I had my follow-up, follow-up growth, placenta, fluid ultrasound. Joe went with me to ask the real important question: "I'm leaving for vacation June 27 and just want to make sure the baby is not going to come while I'm gone."
Well Joe, if that happens I get to choose the name. :)
He of course asked other questions, so what did we learn. Growth wise, not to much has happened except her belly got bigger, it was at 15% two weeks ago and is now at 35%. So she's not starving I guess. Everything else still measured small but she looks healthy and on track for other developments so she may just be a small girl, taking after the skinny Johnson side of the family and maybe a little of the Alonzo height. She's weighing in at just over 3lbs and I guess she should be about 4lbs according to the average. My fluid was still on the low side so that will be monitored twice a week for the remainder of the pregnancy unless it goes up. I will have another growth ultrasound in two weeks to check progress. The doctor said that it is possible to deliver the baby at 36 weeks if the growth is just really slow or fluid levels are to low. According to Doc it would be better to get baby out and start plumping her up but they would check lungs and such first. This is worst case but I think that's unlikely. I think she just had to say that because it could happen and they want people to be prepared. I'm sure this little monster will make it to July 30th. My placenta is still low, only partially covering but starting to move up so that is a good sign. So I got to have my 4th transducer ultrasound today and 5th tummy ultrasound. While I was there they thought, what the heck, lets do your NST also so you don't have to come back on Friday. So after a very LONG visit I was able to finally leave. Oh, but not before scheduling two NST and an ultrasound for next week and a NST and growth ultrasound the following week to add to my already OBGYN appointment. So in my mind the $ signs are adding up and I'm starting to think I'll never see the gym during lunch again.
On a positive note...
It's Wednesday I guess, I get to go home soon and the weekend is approaching.
1 comment:
the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy were very similar...scheduling lots and lots of appointments 2-3 a week or more!
At least you get to see lots of baby girl #2!!
Glad to hear that she is doing better and growing...we want her to cook all the way!
:)
Post a Comment