Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Joe's baby bumper

When Joe ordered his back bumper he was told that they were back ordered for about six weeks. Well six turned into eight and then twelve and then fifteen. He leaves for the Rubicon on June 27th so after seventeen weeks of waiting, not always to patiently, it arrived last night at about 7pm.
It's kind of been a running joke around our house. I think Joe has checked the front door for a package for the last two months. After getting home at 6pm yesterday Joe checked the front door and nothing. So we made a joke about the bumper being the invisible kind and talked it up that is was very durable, you see, it was suppose to be delivered yesterday and when it wasn't we just laughed. Well Joe's friend Carlton texted him and asked Joe how the bumper was because he was tracking it for Joe and saw it was delivered. This was about 7pm, Joe checked the front door and there it was. Joe FINALLY had his bumper and has less then two weeks to get it on, do some work on the Sammy and get packed before the big trip. So I don't think Selena and I will be seeing him in the evenings for a while. Of course it was missing some part Joe relized at about 8pm and he was steaming mad for good reason. So we shall see how that ends up...

The bumper arrives!


Some other part to the bumper, who knows...


Breaking into his precious


I think I see tears of happiness in his eyes


The bumper


Calling his friends


I needed to post a pic of Selena, don't want her to feel left out. She helped Joe carry all the parts down to the garage. Selena had a little face plant into the cement over the weekend and she worked the sympathy aspect of it at daycare yesterday.

No comments: