Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Commando

I finally went to the doctor today, it's been 5 weeks since I last saw her with three ultrasound's and four NST's under my belt. She was on vacation last week so I had to wait until today and the itching started back up a few weeks ago. Last week the rash started spreading so now it's pretty much all over the mid section of my body. Not my belly though, not yet. So I was looking forward to getting my blood work back to see if that would tell them anything about why it's all getting worse.
Well I show up and my doctor had just left to do a c-section. So I wait 45min to see the nurse and she doesn't have the results of my blood tests or last two ultrasounds, they are waiting for Dr. Graham's review. Great!
So I just start showing her the rash, pulling down my pants, pulling up my shirt, there are about six places I have this rash. She says "wow that does look bad and looks like it hurts!" Yes, yes it does. "Okay", she says, "so looks like you will see Dr. Graham in two weeks, any questions?" Ummmm, yes, what is with this f-ing rash! Except I don't cuss.
So she told me to give it some air and let it breath, keep it clean and put Benadryl gel on it up to 5 times a day. Oh, and don't wear a bra or underwear. Yea, you see that is really not going to work for me. You see I work, and it would be frowned upon to go bra less and commando so thanks but no thanks. No problem in the evening and weekends but the 12 hours a day 5 days a week I'm at work I'm going to have to pass on that.
It was a nice thought though, being at home, lounging around in PJ's for the rest of the pregnancy, the rash clears up... That would be nice. So here is to 5 more itchy weeks, if it spreads to my face I'm going on maternity early.
I have a growth ultrasound tomorrow, with me luck for a fattened up baby!