Friday, June 26, 2009

Five Years



Five years ago today Joe and I got married. I really don't know where the time went and five years sounds like such a big number.



Five years ago today about this time I was waking up with my bridal party at Callahan's Lodge in Ashland, OR. Getting ready to have breakfast with friends and family who were in town.
About this time on the other side of town Charlie had forgotten his wedding outfit in Portland and went into a panic and Joe's brother Dave was MIA.
There were some mishaps as in any good wedding day, I couldn't find my grandmother's necklace that I was going to wear. It was my mom's mother and she passed when my mom was younger. I was looking forward to wearing it, of course I found it after the wedding.
All the boys showed up, still with Dave MIA at about 11am to get stuff set up and spent more time on the tailgates of their trucks drinking than setting up but it was a sunny summer day.
There was so much that was pulled together in the few hours leading up to our wedding, the musicians showed up, the DJ set up, the food Joe and I would never get to enjoy was prepared, the tables set, the isle and chairs set leading to the arch. It seemed like a whirlwind after a year and a half of planning but I was calm, knowing that nothing else mattered because Joe and I were going to be married.
The day turned out perfectly except the pastor pronounced our last name Alazano, seriously Alonzo is not that hard to say.







The reception was fun, my side of the family came from the Midwest and most of them I hadn't seen for years. The whole thing was a whirlwind and I just remember that by 5pm as the guest were leaving Sage and Forrest were singing a little rendition of Britney Spears "Hit me baby one more time" on the karaoke machine.






Joe and I booked two large cabins for all of our friends and we continued the party dressed down into the wee hours with a campfire and lots of beer.

It's hard to believe that in five years we have a three year old and one due in a month.

Because we now come with a third wheel, Joe is taking Selena and I out to dinner tonight at the Lobster Shop on the Tacoma waterfront to celebrate.

Happy 5th Anniversary Joey!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Congrats!!!
Hope you have a lovely dinner with your 3rd wheel...
:)

Just saw that Today is Rachel Phillips 5th anniversary too, what are the odds?

(i can't believe that in just of 3 yrs of marriage we have 2 babies under 2...)