Friday, June 19, 2009

Weekly happenings

Selena has had a tough week being a kid. First it was falling on her face onto the cement. Then tumbling down a ladder on some play equipment. On Wednesday at daycare her and a boy went running at full speed for the same swing and they ended up colliding with him falling on Selena's head. So busted fat lip, leg bruises, black eye and swollen face all in the same week. Actually that was only in 5 days. This kid is reckless.
So coupled with the allergies or cold she has she is in pretty bad shape. I took it easy on her and stayed home yesterday so she could heal and I could have a day to sleep in.
Turned out she really needed a break form daycare. She woke my up at 7am after getting 10 hours of sleep, went back down for a two hour nap at 8:30 and then down for a three hour nap at 2:30. She never sleeps that much unless she is really not feeling well. I must have been really boring because she would just tell me she was going to take a nap and next thing I knew she was passed out. She even missed lunch!

Joe and Carlton were in the garage last night until almost 10pm putting the back bumper on the Sammy. Both of them are super excited for the boys week trip to the Rubicon less just a week away. I think Carlton is going to come back over tomorrow to help get the Sammy tuned up and ready.

I have been skipping my ultrasound appointments after I found out how much they were costing me. Billing insurance over $2000 leaves me paying about $264 a pop. Forget that! At one a week this kid will never go to college. The NST works out to be about $125 each and with two a week puts me up to over $500/week and I have 6 weeks left. I think not, they can find some other sucker to pay that much each week. I do have to go in next week to check the growth so I can't miss that ultrasound. Every other week will have to do, I'll just keep drinking lots of fluids and monitor the baby kicking, call myself Dr. Jessica and do this free of charge.

We have a fun Father's day weekend planned. Joe will do car stuff on Sat and on Sunday Selena and I are taking him out to brunch and then we will attempt to get the outside of the house weeded, mowed and some flowers planted. Actually that doesn't sound to fun, I remember when fun was getting a massage now it gardening. It must be that I'm a few months from turning 30. Kind of like how I love watching the news, reading the newspaper and listening to CNN Headline News on my way to work. Old people do that!

Speaking of old people, and I know a lot of my mommy/pregnant friends can relate. Being pregnant, slow moving, getting stuck on the couch, rolling over in bed, aching muscles, back spasms... This must be what it's like to be in your 80's!

No comments: