I had my follow-up ultrasound from last week to check the placenta. Baby looks good and healthy, was moving a ton but is still very small for the age. Also my fluid is low, I guess the range is 8-20 and I have 10 so on the low end. I was told to drink more water especially with the temps hitting the high 80's low 90's this week. They are still concerned about the placenta and said that there is more concern about the placenta then the fluid right now. But, I have to go back Friday to get fluid and placenta checked out and do a non-stress test. They also checked the baby's lungs to see if the placenta broke away if the baby would be able to breath on own if they had to deliver. Baby is taking small "practice" breaths which I guess is normal at this stage. I'm really learning a lot with all these appointments!
Anyway, I got to see baby in 3-D, looks like Selena's mouth and nose, cord was running across the eye area so can't tell if she has Alonzo eyebrows and forehead like Selena. She was sucking on her hand most of the time but when she pulled her hands out you could see her mouth still sucking.
So I'll be in on Friday and then back next Wednesday to check the growth, Joe is going to come with me for that one. I think he's a little jealous about all the times I get to see her, I bring him home photo's but not quite as fun as seeing her move.
We started talking names seriously and made a list last night. We have one that both of us like and two others that are on the list that both of us sort of like or are growing on us. We are trying to decide if we want a family name for the middle name or something else that we like. Naming is harder this time around as we look for something less common but not strange or hard to say. But we have some time.
I'll try to get some belly pics up, I am feeling super huge now and really grew in the last few weeks.
Selena is doing well, she loves talking in sentences using "probably" and "of course."
"We can probably go to the park tonight." "Of course I want to go biking."
Oh, she is quite the biker. Joe and I took her to the Tacoma waterfront on Sat evening so we could walk and she could ride. She rode the whole 4 miles that we walked. Joe also broke her bike seat (twice) by riding it so he had to get her a new one. He also put on a water bottle holder so she loves putting her sippy cups in it.
She also go used to going potty outside during our camping trip that every time we are outside playing she wants to go potty in the grass, dirt, rocks... She does not want to go inside and use the toilet so that has been interesting trying to break that little habit.
Joe has been busy planning for his 4 wheeling vacation and chasing kids off our property. Saturday Selena and I were in the back yard when I heard the side gate open on the other side of our driveway. This teenager came running out down the driveway and hopped the fence across the ally to his friends house. I was a little surprised at this and really didn't even have time to react. You see the front of our house is on a paved road and the back of the house and driveway is on an ally so this kid was using the side of our house to cut through down to the ally instead of walking all the way around.
Well Joe got home and I was telling him about his and just then we heard the side gate open. Two kids on foot and one kid on a bike came running out ages 7-11ish. We recognized them as the kids that live in the trashy rental house down the way. Joe and I both yelled at them at the same time to get out of our yard and not come back. Well Joe was fuming. This happened twice in about an hours time and we aren't home a lot on the weekends so this may happen all the time. Our worry is that if someone gets hurt on our property we can be sued. So Joe went right out and bought locks and locked up the side gate and the other side gate that goes into our backyard. That should stop the traffic. Dang kids, have no manners these days.
3 comments:
I am having my 30-week ultrasound tomorrow and came across your blog after doing a google search on the subject. I too have been worried about the baby growing through most of my pregnancy (my doc said I am at a higher risk for placenta problems after my early screening), so my heart sank for you after reading your May 27 post. I am so happy for you that your baby is healthy at the follow up visit! Wishing you and your husband all the best and a healthy baby!!
I think after all my non-stress tests (and a little tv watching...)
I might be an expert on babies in the womb!!
I think I had 5 or 6 non-stress tests with Henri? 1 with Oliver & an amnio with heart/movement monitering.
The non-stress tests are quite relaxing, unless of course something is wrong...
Best of luck and hope everything is OK and the little one gets to cook a little longer!
I hope everything goes ok Friday and Wednesday.
Instead of the lock you should have got a metal gate and hooked it up to a hot wire fence. Although, you would likely need a security camera also to catch them in the act so you could get a good laugh.
Post a Comment