
So apparently Selena noticed that not everyone looks the "same" over the weekend. She has been really into same and different for the last few weeks. If I'm wearing a blue shirt and she has on a blue shirt she will say we are wearing the same. She is picking out cars that look like mine and trucks that look like Joe's. The Sammy which she calls "Samerride" is any Jeep she sees and she will say they are the same.
So Friday night we all watched Gran Torino, not quite a kids movie but what the heck it's Friday. This movie, for those of you who have not seen it, is very racial, hilarious but about lines drawn for white, Asian, Mexican and Black. Clint Eastwood plays the main part and there is an Asian boy who plays a big roll.
Saturday evening we went out to dinner at Red Robin, Selena kept staring to the family behind us. All of a sudden about 1/2 way through dinner Selena said, "That is the guy from the movie!" Meaning the Asian dad at the table behind us. It took Joe and I a second to realize what she was talking about. She said it over and over for the next 10 min making sure we understood, like we should be in awe with him being a big movie star.
Walking out of Red Robin, two teenage Asian boys walked in, Joe and I at the same moment thought "I wonder if Selena thinks they look like the kid in the movie?"
Sure enough, just as they passed us Selena did a double take and exclaimed, "There is the guy in the movie!"
This had Joe and I laughing so hard all the way back to the car. So I'm thinking she meant they looked the "same."
No comments:
Post a Comment