We had a great weekend in OR visiting family and friends when we were on our way home. We just stopped for gas and drinks and we getting back on I-5 when we were pulled over for speeding. You see this on ramp to I-5 in Woodland, WA starts out at 35mph for like a mile before hitting the interstate so Joe was going a tad over. Well the officer was nice and pulled the "do you know why I pulled you over? Do you know the speed limit is 35?" blah blah blah. I also still have OR plates on my care because I'm super lazy and the thought of spending all day in the DOL does not sound fun. So I'm trying to explain why we have OR plates and have lived up in WA since 2004, believe my it's an interesting position to be put in when the fine for that alone is over a thousand bucks. Joe and I were tired from the weekend and just wanted to get home and of course it took the officer forever to write up the ticket. When he came back he asked me my maiden name because it is registered to me in OR with that name, even more confusing. Then he gives us more info than one can process in 30 seconds. First off it's an $1100 fine for having OR plates and living in WA, second my OR license is suspended and I am not allowed to drive in OR, WA or anywhere, anytime and Joe gets a speeding ticket. License suspended?? The officer was doing us a favor by letting us off the hook this one time and thank god I wasn't driving because my car would have been impounded and I could have been taken to jail and all I could think to say was "I have a WA drivers license and that's not suspended so I'm fine, did you want to see it?" In my mind I was like who cares, I don't need an OR license because I live in WA. But with the car registered in OR with OR plates and it is registered to my maiden name it can get very confusing. Confused yet?? I know I was. Well I called the DMV at 8am on the dot and got the whole suspended license thing figured out so now I have a valid OR drivers license again even though I don't have an actual OR drivers license. Crazy, so I'm going to finally make time to get the plates swapped to WA and since my tabs expire in Nov then this is a good year to do it anyway. So I don't have a warrant out for my arrest and now I can drive again even thought I did drive to work with a suspended license. I'm a law breaker, but I have learned my lesson but finally laughing about it today becasue it was NOT funny when it happened.
Car in question:

Notice the OR plates in June 2006, 1 1/2 ago:
1 comment:
oh my goodness...what a crazy story! i guess i will need to get the plates on my car changed sometime soon!
it was great to see you and the fam! selena is cuter then ever! maybe we will be able to see each other more, since we will be living in the same state! :)
Post a Comment