Friday, March 14, 2008

Bigger isn't always better...


When we moved into our house, we were excited to notice that we had a decent view of Mt. Ranier. There is nothing quite like looking out our front window while drinking a fresh cup of joe, watching the sun glisten off the mountain. Well, that lasted about 3 weeks. You see, laws on native american soil defy the laws that many other people must abide by. We quickly learned that a billboard on native american soil can be 50 times bigger than your average billboard, built of solid concrete and steel, and someone thought it would look great positioned right between our house and our view of mt Ranier. For the past 7 months, we have had the joy of getting up with our morning coffee, looking toward the majestic mountain only to be reminded that "National Mortgage is Clear and Fair" (notice picture).

I am pleased to report that our property value once again increased yesterday when Mt Ranier came back into view. Yep, That big ol monstrosity came tumbling down thanks to a lack of engineering and a little help from mother nature. I was just getting Selena out of the Samurai when I heard it all go crashing down. I thought it was a Big rig hauling steel tipping over, until I looked and caught a glimps of the sucker crashing ontop of a boarded up old smoke shop. it was quite a site which brought scores of fire trucks, police crews, cranes, news helicopters and a plethora of "lookyloo's". It's nice to know that there are restrictions in most places for billboard signs because as we learned here in NE tacoma, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. -joe

No comments: