Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Selena Ramblings...

Selena is definitely using her words more each day. It is amazing what she knows and says. Most of the time Joe and I are surprised when she says a new word since she picks stuff up at daycare. We went to Blockbuster to get a movie and Selena ran over to the kid’s movies and said "Elmo!" I was totally shocked that she knew Elmo since we don't ever watch anything with Elmo at home. So we are learning each day what she knows and how fast she picks up words from us.

Her newest over used word is "mine." Everything is "MINE!" We have to reminder her that not everything is hers and she needs to share. I know she picked this up at daycare. She is also very curious, anything she points to she says "wazz dat?" as in what's that? If we let her she will ask "wazz dat" for hours but after pointing and asking for 10 min Joe and I have had enough and try and sidetrack her.
She is also a big fan of the "hello!" her word for the phone. Anytime she hears a phone ring she says HELLO! She will even tell us if we miss a call, if we don't hear the phone ring because we are in another room she will run to us saying "hello, hello, hello!" So we know this means we missed a call.

We haven't been pushing the potty training but she will come up to us and say "poo poo." Which is her way of saying I need to go poop, oh I just did. So baby steps. She loves sitting on her potty and showing whoever is on the "hello" the potty but just won't use it yet. No biggie, we have time.

Now for bad habits, she hates brushing her teeth. We have tried everything. She will brush her own teeth, you know as well as a 19 month old can. As soon as I grab the brush she clamps down her mouth. So I finally brought out the old stand by, the infant rubber finger brush, you know the one that fits over your finger. Well good news it works, bad news is I always get bit. We are also trying to get her off the binky, she doesn't need it but she likes it for bed. We have put her down without it and she is totally fine so I think this is more of a habit that I am going to have to break myself of. I say by two no binky at all so I'm giving the little lady a few more months of fun.
That's about it for Selena updates, she is growing up fast and we are loving every second of it!

No comments: