So with us losing an hour, Joe and I decided to maximize the weekend with a little home makeover. This was not planned and all started with needing a new dryer. You see our 10 yr old dryer broke last Thursday, when a dryer take over two hours to dry one load we knew it was done. We went to Lowes and picked out a new one, the biggest capacity one we could get. While the paperwork was being written up I took Selena to the paint chip area and let me pick out some colors to play with. Free entertainment is always nice.
Fast forward to Sat, the dryer is delivered and the laundry beings. The laundry closet is downstairs in the bonus room. We really have done nothing in this room since we moved in, no pictures on the walls or anything. We don't spend a lot of time in it either but would like to. I have always hated the color; it's a dark red and makes the room feel cold and small. So as I was picking up the paint chips Selena spread all over the living room I noticed this one that had a room done in a burnt clay and green. It looked nice and warm but didn't think much of it and put it on the table. Joe picked it up and made a comment about it being nice colors for the downstairs room.
It was settled, at 6pm on Saturday evening Selena went down for a nap and Joe and I painted over the ugly dark red with a white base paint that the old owners left under the house. We of course half assed the paint job since it would be covered up with new colors. The room looked bigger and brighter right away and it all started with the dryer.


No comments:
Post a Comment