
Maverick, Charlie, Sundown, Gandalf, come in...
Because it's Friday and I have short timers, I wanted to share with you the outfit I'm about to be wearing in less than two hours. You see, today is our annual company bowling tournament. Each year the outfits get more crazy and creative. The first year was just for fun; teams wore same colored shirts and picked boring team names like alley cats. The second year everyone got more into it making custom t-shirts and wearing bandanas of the same color. Last year set the bar, there were the nerdy bowlers who seriously wore Erkel type clothing and glasses, and there were the 80 bowlers who dressed in lots of brite colors and spandex (even for the guys). There was my team "The Bowling Stones" who dressed up like a rock band and you get the picture. Well this year there are 14 teams total consisting of 4-5 people each. Everyone has been planning the outfits for over a month and plotting the strategy to win. You see, what I forgot to mention was that there is an award for best team costumes. I know what you’re thinking, we are adults? Yes, the company ages range from 21-65 and were are planning this like a prom.
So my team is "Strike Force" we are dressing up in fighter pilot outfits with our signature red shirts and logo, aviator glasses and all. Think Top Gun and that's us. In less than an hour each team meets to dress up and get ready for battle. My team still needs to glue the patches on to the fighter suits and map out our strategy on the white board. Okay, now I know what you are thinking, I actually get paid for this?! over and out
No comments:
Post a Comment