As I have said before Joe and I save all of our sick days at work for day's that Selena is sick. If we are sick, who cares, we drag our sniffling snotty heads out of bed and drink six cups of coffee. So what do we do when we get sick on a weekend?
Well I came down with the stomach flu on Saturday, as soon as I woke up after getting about three hours of sleep I knew I was in for a long day. Joe had friends up from OR to go biking so this left me with the monster, a pounding head and queasy stomach. The first two hours I laid in a coma on the couch. Who was watching Selena? I had no idea, although I did hear her playing with her toys on the floor. Then I hear her say "up" so I pulled her up on the couch and she napped with me for two hours. I could hear her stir but still in my coma, I played dead for another 30 min and she sat there and watched cartoons. Well I think she had had it with the way boring morning and was ready for some fun. I drug myself off the couch, downed a few Advil and packed up to go swimming. Why swimming? It just sounded like a good idea at the time. You know, drowning hazards and being dizzy and all, but great idea. I actually felt the best I felt all day in the warm pool and thought the worst was over.
So I went to Blockbuster to pick up some movies to keep her busy so I could pass out and wait for Joe to relieve me. By the time Joe got home I was done, I went to bed, it was 5pm. I was getting chills and couldn't even stand. At 6pm Joe came in to tell me him and the guys were going out to dinner and Selena was down for a nap. So much for getting a break, but he did need to entertain his friends and they didn't want to be around a bunch of sickies. I was up at 7pm trying to make Selena some dinner but I don't think it was very well rounded since I don't remember. All I know is that once I got her in her highchair I passed out with my head on the kitchen table.
So, to make a long story short, Joe and Selena are sick but I'm feeling better. Now I'm ready for another weekend so I can actually spend time with my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment