

Selena has always been a good eater; she's an Alonzo after all! But lately Selena has been a little more picky and slow during eating. She needs a good 30 min in the morning to wake up before eating breakfast. For dinner she is more interested in looking out the window yelling "doggie" or "airplane" than what is on here plate. Joe and I check out her little daycare progress report each evening to see what she ate for lunch and it always shows that she ate all or most of her food. She why does she only eat some at home?
Mornings are usually rushed for Joe; he gets Selena up at 6:45 and has to be at the daycare by 7:30 to drop her off so as he is running around packing up her backpack, Selena is sitting in her highchair staring out the window with a full bowl of untouched cereal. It's not until Joe starts to take away her bowl that Selena will grab at it and yell "noo done!" So a to-go cereal bar comes in handy.
At night it's hit and miss, some things she likes, like carbs, and really who doesn't. But a few veggies are for sure a must according to the whole food pyramid hoopla. She will eat green beans like candy but peas and carets don't make it into her mouth. We did the whole "hide the pureed veggies" in a meal thing and it worked but I don't want to be doing that until she's 17. So she and I have a deal. She has to take three bits of veggies before she leaves the table and so far it's worked. She likes to feed herself everything but veggies so I'm in charge of the scoop size. I'll say "okay, three bites and you are done." She responds "dall done!" "No, not all done, three bites!" "Dall Done!!" As she is shaking her head back and forth, I hold the spoon until her mouth opens and shove it in. Then she asks "dall done?" "Almost, two more scoops."
1 comment:
I understand completly Gwynn is the princess of no vegtables. I have become the queen of pureed vegtables and hiding! I am scared I will be doing it until I die but nothing else works so far..with the exception of ranch she will dip dirt in ranch!
Post a Comment