Thursday, February 21, 2008

Instant Gratification


I'm an instant gratifications person, always have been. When I fixate on something I need it now, I don't do well with waiting. When I get a thought in my mind like needing a hair cut or color, I want it done instantly and not have to wait for an appointment. Even when I schedule a dentist appointment I'm a little upset that I have to wait two months for the next available one, they should have one open that day for me. When I get it in my head that I need the fleece lined Crocs then as you know from an earlier post I NEED them right away.
I'm not sure where this comes from because I'm typically a laid back patient person. Well my new obsession is the over advertised chocolate-cherry diet Dr. Pepper. They must have some good marketers on the staff because the commercials and ads hooked me in like a child watching a sugar cereal commercial on Saturday morning. I had to have this drink! I hit every supermarket I could find within a 10mile radius from work and home and no luck. This was about a month ago. Still fixated on needing to try this "heaven in a can" I would check back at each store weekly until I gave up. I gave up looking and got assertive. The trill of finding this drink was even greater like a treasure hunt; my instant gratification gene was not quenched. It was like the supply and demand was so great that I was mad a Dr. Pepper for advertising this drink and then not following through with the supply that I, the consumer was demanding.
I finally had it and actually wasted 10 min online to email Dr. Pepper and find out where the heck they were selling this drink that I could not get off my mind. Within a day they emailed me back probably thinking "gosh lady get a life," but they sent me the four stores in my area that are selling it. FINALLY!
So last night after 30 days of wondering and countless commercials and ads being thrown in my face I was able to sit down and enjoy a cold can of chocolate-cherry diet Dr. Pepper. Yummy, one down 23 cans to go.
So Joe just sent me a hate email reminding me that it was him who I sent on a mission in Auburn, WA to buy me my drink. So thank you Joey, here are your "props."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your one GOOFY chick!