As I pulled into my office parking lot this morning at 6:21am my phone rang. I dug though my purse and saw it was Joe. I answered "hello" and in a high squeaky toddler voice Selena said "I don't want to wear a dress!"
You see I have always laid out her clothes Monday-Friday so Joe doesn't have to try and put outfits together. Well on Sunday after seeing that the weather was going to be great all week I laid out the dress I bought her for Thursday. Well today is Thursday and apparently Selena had a royal meltdown as Joe was trying to put the dress on her. As cute as it was for her to call and tell me I said "Dresses are
cool Selena,(she hates the words cute or pretty)mommy wore a dress to work yesterday and I looked really cool. It's going to be hot today so a dress will be
fun." "Okay." was all I heard on the other line before Joe got on to complain how hard it was to get her into this dress. I told him to just put her in the "Friday" outfit if it was so much trouble but he was running late and there was no time to change.
I guess the fact that I have put her in a dress about 3 times in her life and they were all weddings could be the reason why she is just not used to them. I can see how it would feel strange to her. So I guess when I get home tonight I'll see if the dress lasted all day.
1 comment:
i didn't realize selena is so anti-dress. it is fun reading about the stories. thanks for sharing. tyler and i just can't get enough of her. it still makes me laugh how when you guys were last down and i asked selena if i could play with her hair...of course she gave me the "no way lady" look. joe, being the sweet friend that he is, told selena to let me braid her hair :) guess i am asking the wrong chick for my girlie time! i did get one braid in and that was that!
Post a Comment