I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! Last week went very fast without Joe and Selena and before I knew it work was over on Thursday and I had a three day weekend to enjoy. Joe surprised me with a spa pedicure and foot massage on Friday to that was a treat since I'm having a hard time reaching my feet now.
The weekend was very hot and sunny so as I was waiting for Joe and Selena to get home from their vacations I used the time to read in the sun. We had friends up for the weekend and they arrived about the same time Joe and Selena did.
It was great to have them home although I really enjoyed my alone time and I know both of them had great trips. I'll post some Rubicon pictures from Joe's trip soon. Selena was spoiled with trips to eat ice cream, the Imax, Enchanted Forrest, playgrounds and snuggled in grandma's bed with cousin Emma for storytime.
She was saying all weekend that she was sad because she missed Emma.
Saturday Joe and our friends went biking in the mtns. so I took Selena rode her bike while I walked to the store, we picked up movies and fireworks for the evening fun. Selena spent the rest of the day in her pool, I put a slide into the pool so she was having a great time going down headfirst.
We all piled into the car later in the afternoon and headed down the the Freedom Fair at the waterfront in Tacoma and then back to our house to watch the show. There is quite the show from our backyard each year, with two Indian firework stands within blocks of us where people can do all the illegal fireworks in their parking lot. So we saw the show quality fireworks form the comfort of our backyard while making smores in the firepit.
Our friends left yesterday and it was time to get back to house projects. We have two bi-fold doors to replace still so we did the downstairs den last evening and hopefully will do Selena's this week also, then it's trim in Selena's room and the den and we will be done. We still have the closet door, bathroom door and trim in Joe's and my room but we will hold off until winter/spring when life settles down again.
We are going to a Mariners game tonight with the Douglas family from Medford and Selena can't wait to sing "Take me out to the ball game."
This weekend we are going down to Portland to watch the UFC fights and the next weekend Joe's folks are coming up. Then we have just one weekend left before the baby is here. July is going to be over in a flash but why does it still seem like 15 days of work is a lifetime. I really wanted to call in sick today...
1 comment:
if you guys have time while you are in PDX we should get together...
:)
Post a Comment