


The holiday's are over... boo hoo. But we had a blast, there is so much we did so I'm going to start out with the first leg of our tour of Oregon.
We got to my mom's on Friday night the 21st to spend 3 wonderful nights of peacefull sleep or not. Selena came down with the cough that I had and kept us up all night, the second night we got smart and put her in the living room to sleep but we could still hear her coughing and gagging. So much for peaceful. My neice Emmalee is a doll and the girls had so much fun together and there wern't to many fights. We did learn that they would each need to open a gift at the same time otherwise the other one would take the new toy away and there would be crying and screaming. The most memrable night was "Christmas Eve" for my moms house it was actually the 23rd. After the little girls were in bed and Joe was tucked in the big girls got to have some fun of their own, playing Santa. Emma got a Dora bike and Selena got a Radio Flyer wagon, the only thing was we had to put them together. So after dragging the boxes up from the bacement Ariel and I grabbed some tools and went to work. Mom sat on the couch "supervising" us. Ariel and I unload the boxes, her with the bike and me with the wagon and give the directions a quick glance before going to work. After about 10 min I realize maybe I should have read the directions because this is not looking right. Ariel looks at me and says "maybe we should have some wine." Sure, that should help me figure out how to put it together. So as Joe tells the story later, all he came hear is bang, clang, heheheheh. BANG, bong, CLANG, hehehe. So we may have used a few tools that didn't need to be used like a hammer but we got the job done. After we had finished and bagged them up, Ariel, mom and I crammed on the couch and finished the bottle of wine and enjoyed the lights on the tree.
It was all worth it, the girls were so happy to next morning to wake up to big gifts under the tree and I'm happy to report there was not crying or hairpulling, they actually shared eachothers toys.
No comments:
Post a Comment