I know, PICTURES! How about tomorrow?? I forgot the camera...
I received a potty training book for Christmas and have been reading it for the last few nights. With the writers strike there is nothing on TV so after Selena goes to bed I skim the pages. It talks about people starting to train their child at 3 months and teach them to crawl to the potty by 6 months. I'm thinking "ya right!" Maybe it does work for some but no thanks. We have been using potty talk for a few months, no clue if she gets it or if we are just teaching her to call names like "potty head." She has figured out where the potty or her leak comes out because anytime she is out of a diaper she squats and looks down, sometimes peeing on the ground. I have been following some tips in the book as far as teaching her about the whole potty fiasco and she has a book about it to read. We are not trying to exactly potty train her because we know it's early + daycare will do a lot of training for us so yeah! But getting her familiar and aware is all I ask. Selena has not figured out about poop because we were talking a bath on Friday and she pooped. I saw floaters and she pointed and said "yucckky," yes Selena, yucky, thanks for the nice relaxing bath.
So we have a potty chair for her and she sits on it and caries it to her room, the living room, the kitchen, anywhere she want it. Last night I put it back in the bathroom and stripped her naked and let her sit on it. She sat and looked between her legs, I could tell she was thinking "now what?" "I should be leaking right?" After sitting and watching for 5 min I took her off thinking that was enough for one day and she did not want to get off. She squirmed and cried and through a fit I tried to explain that we would try again tomorrow but like she actually knew what I was saying. At least she likes the new toy in the bathroom, no pressure Selena you have plenty of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment