


So the last stop on our glorious 11 day vacation was to Bend. We spend two days and three nights in a cabin in the middle of nowhere Camp Sherman, OR. Gotta love a place where there is no phone service and not TV. At least we had heat and running water because it was cold! The place is called Lake Creek Lodge and Joe and I had stayed there about five years ago so we knew what to expect. It was beautiful and snowy and the most perfect place to spend New Years, away from all the crazy drunk drivers. Joe says I sound like his dad but it's true! So we snowshoed during the days and ate drank beer and played with Selena at night. On our second day snowshoeing Joe got a great idea. After dressing the monster in five layers, and she already is not that light, and packing the pack up with food, water, diapers and then her it weighed about 45lbs. So day two Joe and I were a little sore from taking turns carrying the kindergartner so we bought a sled. We saw another family and the dad was wearing a pack but had a sled attached and was pulling the kid so we thought we would try it. Only the snow at Hoodoo was MUCH deeper that the few feet in Camp Sherman where we had hiked the day before. We got all loaded up, her in the sled, attached to the pack and we are off. I am bringing up the rear and notice that because the snow is so high that it just falls in and covers Selena and then splat! That was my narration for the fact that Selena was now upside down in the snow and Joe dragged her another few inches until I yelled "STOP!" So that was the end to the sled, we put her back in the pack crying and I'm sure cold. We made it to the turnaround shelter and headed back for about 3.5 hour total. So after the long hike the day before and this one we were pretty much ready to relax and headed back to the cabin for dinner. Then we went to the lodge where I beat Joe and ping pong, so I'm the champ and had to rub that in. Sorry babe, but you suck, get some!
No comments:
Post a Comment