Monday, January 7, 2008

Ugly and Wildly Popular



So I am never one to follow the trends, I could care less about spending money on clothes and shoes. When the whole Crocs thing started I thought "those are the ugliest shoes I have ever seen!" Well I watched as the trend caught on and everywhere I looked people had Crocs, I did think they were kind of cute in kids sizes but for adults??!! Why would anyone wear those?! I got Selena some camo one, knock offs of course because the only thing worse than Crocs was spending the $40 on real ones just because of the name.
Well in June, we were getting ready for our vacation to the Rubicon. Because it was a 4x4 trail and dusty and muddy I wanted something that had more support than flip flops. I broke down and bought the fake Crocs for $5 in blue, no one would see me in them anyway besides a bunch of rednecks. Well they worked out great, then in July I went fly fishing for work, again the perfect shoes, October was kayaking for work, again perfect. I put them away after that trip since it was to cold in WA to wear them.
In November Joe and I were are Joe's when I went by the shoe isle and saw gasp Crocs with fleece lining. Wait, they look super comfy and have the durable plastic outside for rain. I am tired of my fuggs (fake uggs) getting wet. I obsessed about them for a few weeks because I love anything comfortable and after wearing heels at work all week I stay far away from uncomfortable shoes on days off. I hated to spend the $40 + tax so when Joe got a coupon I was able to snag them for $25. SCORE!! So I got them in black.
Well, that was my downfall. I found out they also made them in Dark brown, light brown, green and pink. I had to have another pair!! I still think they are totally ugly but they are growing on me so this time around spending $40 didn't seem as bad. Since I never spend more that $20 on a pair of shoes this seemed crazy since they aren't the most beautiful shoes but wow the comfort! So I did it, I bought the ugly shoes and not have 3 pair. One fake and two real. If they made the fake ones with fleece I would buy up every color. I still would like to have the dark green but I think I'll be okay... for now.

No comments: