Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Adventures on the way to work

Good morning!! Hope you all had a great weekend, I know we did. Sunday was beautiful so Selena and I went to Green Lake for a walk and I pushed her on her little bike to the park. I felt like such a yuppie, I was surrounded by stepford wives conversing and drinking Starbucks grande non-fat, triple shot, 180 degree, sugar-free vanilla two pump, no whip, 1/4 inch of foam latte. Not daring to step foot on the playground in fear of getting dirty or looking childish. An here I am in my grubby sweats, hair pulled in a bandanna jumping on the bridge with Selena and sliding down the slide. Ya, I had a few looks from the "I'm way to successful and can't stop emailing on my Blackberry to play with my child" but it's their loss.
I'm sure all you people in OR are dealing with the ice and snow also. We had none at our house but once I got to Bellevue there was 2" on the ground and a sheet of ice that was a blast. It got my blood pumping at 6:30am driving up the hill to work watching the cars in front of me slide to the curbs playing bumper cars with the other vehicles. It's a little concerning seeing a car up the hill in front of you spin out and head back down out of control. But I stayed in the middle on the snow where there is traction and watched my speedometer go from 25 mph to 2 mph until I finally got up the hill, ran the red light and turned into my parking garage. SAFE! What I was wondering was where was the de-icer they were talking about on the news?
So now I sit in my office watching the hill below as the police finally closed it off. Well that's great since there is a 10 car jam in the middle.

Well that was my little adventure for the day, hopefully it all melts fast otherwise I'm going to need a 4-wheel drive vehicle and Joe won't let me drive either of them.

No comments: