Selena has been using the dreaded word "NO" for a few months. It's is definitely the most well used word in what little vocabulary she has, even more than "doggie." Last night we noticed she is getting some more teeth on the bottom, finally! So she is feeling a little, you know, feisty. So everything we asked her was "NO." We started out asking if she wanted mac & cheese, milk, a banana, applesauce... and so on. Every answer was "NO!" Well, I started asking, do you want to eat cake? Do you want candy? Do you want a pony? Do you want a million dollars? Every answer was still NO! Do you want a hug, can you give mommy a kiss? NO! NO! NO! Fine, I'll leave you alone then. And you know how cats are when they don't want you unless you ignore them? Well as soon as we left Selena alone to play she was ready to eat. Okay, power struggle, I get it.
This morning I did my usual 5:30am routine by going into her room and saying goodbye and giving kisses. She is always asleep but I steal like 30 seconds with her and touch her face, you know mushy stuff. Well I whispered sweetly as I grabbed for her hand "Can mommy hold your hand?" "NO!" What??!! Is she awake? Nope, just an automatic response to any question, even asleep she is dreaming of "NO", gotta love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment