I wear my pj's to work in the morning. Now there are many reasons that I started doing this three years ago. For one it's about a 45 min+ commute and if I'm stuck in the car for that long then darn it I'm going to be comfortable. The other reasons are from experiences. It never failed, I would put on my work suit and get spit up on, peed on, food splattered on or the one that never fails, coffee spilled on. I seem to always miss my mouth. So last Tuesday I was picking out my clothes to wear got everything packed, lunch, check, pump, check, clothes, check... I sneaked into Selena's room and gave her kisses then went out to the living room and picked up Natalia to give her a quick hug and kisses. Just and I was hugging her I heard, "blahh!" And that is exactly why I don't get dressed before I snuggle the kiddos. Feeling pretty proud that I avoided disaster I wiped off my jacket and was off.
As I always do, I start feeling like I forgot something. I go through checking my pump, lunch, clothing, shoes. Alright I have everything. I take a sip of coffee and miss my mouth. Gee I'm such a slob. I am three blocks from home and something is really bugging me so I triple check all my stuff. Wait... One shoe is black, one shoe is black and silver. One shoe has a three inch heel, one has a two inch heel. I turn the car around and head home to get the black and silver matching shoe. But I can't help but laugh at the situation and if I did make it to work with two different shoes how the heck would I explain that? I guess I could say, "I'm a mom." I also had my quarterly review that day so it was kind of important that I looked presentable,
No comments:
Post a Comment