Monday, February 22, 2010

Finally!

Just an update about Tally's ear issues. I took today off to take her to the doctor. She had a hearing test first and I thought she did pretty well but she was WAY under where she should be an therefore is missing some key sounds. Then they did a test bouncing sounds off her ear drums and the line on the machine should look like a peak, starting low, raising like a mountain and then dropping back down. Well Natalia's test showed a straight line for both ears. After giving the nurse some family history and Tally's history of ear problems the doctor came in to take a look. He said her hearing tests show that everything she hears sounds like it is underwater due to all the fluid that never clears up or drains. He took a look and confirmed that they are still looking pretty bad even though she has been on antibiotics since Thursday. So instead of waiting a few weeks to get her in for tubes they fit her in tomorrow so that we can get her ears clear and she can start to feel better and learn speech. Joe and I will be talking her into Seattle for her 7am surgery. I am so happy that we are finally going to get her ear issues taken care of.
I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: