
Already Monday? Really!
I survived the quarterly meetings last week although getting home at 8pm on Wednesday and 9pm on Thursday made for VERY long days. I think I got 10-11 hours of sleep each night over the weekend to make up for the 5 hours each night I got last week.
The weekend was fun, besides catching up on sleep I caught up on laundry. Saturday I took Selena out on a date to Disney's Rocken' Road Show. She loved it!


She was kind of disappointed that Daisy duck and Pluto were not there but enjoyed the show anyway. After we met up with Joe and Natalia for dinner and dessert.
Sunday Joe worked on the engine swap while the girls and I laid low. Looks like Natalia has her 7th, that is right 7th ear infection and she turned 6 months old on Saturday. Joe is taking her in today and I think will just be scheduling tubes. We are done with the poor baby being so sad and hurting.
Natalia wanted to be held all day, the moment I put her down she would cry. She just wanted to snuggle and nurse. Then she would throw up because she had to much milk in her belly.
She was happiest in the bath with Selena so I let them play for 45 min. The minute I took her out it was back to crying and grabbing her ears.





Since we just ended the meds last Thursday of course she would have another ear infection.
At least I got caught up on my DVR'ed shows!
SELENA:
Selena takes after me in the fashion department. Or lack of fashion, she would rather be comfortable than fashionable. She calls jeans "cold pants" and does not want to wear cold pants she would rather wear sweats or fleece pants, hey me too! She is dressing herself now and just wears what is laid out for her but would wear her t-rex shirt everyday if she could.
She like playing in her room with Natalia watching her but sometimes she just wants to play by herself and will close the door. If I walk in she will tell me she wants to be alone. I am glad she can do her own thing and she has been into horses lately.


I'd like to think she is not purposely giving me the middle finger in the picture above.
We have been struggling with her and food. She will eat her veggies and then say she is full. I guess it could be worse. She takes FOREVER to finish a meal, Joe and I are done in 10 min and she will spend 30 min at the table. She just can't sit still.
Selena takes after Joe on the people skills department. That kid does not stop talking. Watching a movie is impossible with the 101 questions. She LOVES Taylor Swift and the Black Eyed Peas and now knows who Lady GaGa is thanks to the Grammy's last night. And she had A LOT of questions about her, who doesn't though.
She is loving school Monday-Wednesday and then does not want to go Thursday and Friday, sounds like me with work.
Natalia:




This kid can't keep her hands to herself. Anything she sees she wants to touch and will reach, whine, and move to get the object. She loves the TV remote or my cell phone and anything the gets goes right into her mouth. I would say she is like most babies but I really think she would eat the TV remote if she could. This kid is ready for steak. I can not feed her rice cereal fast enough or enough of it and her buda belly is proof of this. She still has those short skinny chicken legs but big belly and huge head. If you take something away from her, and Selena has made that mistake to many times, she will start screaming.
She is now sitting up without the boppy pillow and will fall forward onto her belly, kick her legs out and pull up on her hands like she is going to crawl.
Her new favorite thing is the bath and I gave her some applesauce last night which she really enjoyed. Again, I could not feed her fast enough.
So that is about it with us, we have no plans this weekend.
1 comment:
Selena sounds so much like my Ryder. wow. If only we lived closer to each other. haha
Post a Comment