Thanks to a Christian daycare Selena has to say a prayer each night before dinner. It sure was no thanks to Joe and I. When I noticed that Selena has REALLY taken a liking to prayer and started talking about God and Jesus and asking questions about them I decided it was time to introduce bedtime prayers to her.
So now she likes to say her prayers before bed and sometimes when I'm rushing to get her into bed so I can go to bed it can drive me nuts that she says "but we have to say prayers first." Am I'm thinking, "I just want to go to bed!" But I oblige her.
After the prayer she says "God bless..." and then names off names of family, friends or sometimes toys. So last night it went:
"God bless, mommy, daddy, Natalia, Selena, Sparka(name of her pink toy horse), Emma, Regan, Max, Logan, Collin, Ella and Joey. Please bless Joey a little extra tomorrow because he did not make good choices at school today and he needs a little extra blessing. Amen!"
Well, I will see if her prayer was answered when she comes home from school today. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment