Natalia is loud. Selena was always quite, quite babble, quite cry, quite play. Not Natalia. Her babble is attention grabbing, her cry is piercing and she is frequently bashing her toys on anything hard. She also has a mean right hook and slaps Joe and I around quite a bit. She doesn't pull that with Selena, I guess she knows who's boss. She is happiest standing, she thinks her sister is a comedian and has been sleeping through the night for about a month. She is a thrill seeker like her dad, gets board easily and likes constant movement. Last weekend she was sitting on the floor and her favorite ball was just out of reach. After about 5 min of trying to get the ball she started rocking back and forth, then threw her head forward falling onto her tummy, yanked her legs out from under her, reached out her arms and got the ball. I could see the wheels turning in her head as this was all happening. She was very happy after she got the ball back.
Life is pretty fun with the two kiddos. There are challenges of course. Selena talks so much there the is never a pause, the questions come faster than my mind works. Sometimes I pretend to be asleep on the couch after 10 or so questions so that I can hear myself think. She has really taught me patience but some days I have it and some days I don't. Selena likes order, predictability and routine, she is a lot like me in those ways. When asked at dinner what she would like to drink she thinks out loud. "I had milk for breakfast and juice at school so I think... water." I never say it out loud but I think "milk at breakfast, 5 bottles of water, one soda during lunch so I'll have juice at dinner."
It's going to be fun seeing the differences between the kids, raised the same, but right from the start different personalities.
Joe is again working on the never ending project, instead of talking about it I'll just post some pictures...



There is nothing better than my Friday noon, cardio kickboxing class. Ahhhh, I just feel so great. For one it's Friday and two that class does not seem like a workout because it's so fun.
If I keep going to the gym each day I won't have to keep putting money in this:

Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment