It’s a rat race in our house from 6 to 10pm, and everyone has their own agenda. If everyone in the family would articulate, here’s what we would be saying:
Selena's articulate agenda:
"Mom and Dad, did you not get the memo, I no longer eat mac and cheese and by they way all meat is not called chicken in attempt to trick me into eating cow. I would like to have ice cream instead with broccoli on the top, preferable in front of the TV.Thank you, but I’ll skip the shower tonight. Instead, I’ll dump out all the blocks and be to tired to pick them up so that in the morning before you have coffee you will stumble on them."

Real life:
"I'm NOT hungry! I don't want a shower!" Whine... "I'm tired, my teeth hurt my tummy hurts." Whine... Tears...
Natalia's articulate agenda:
"I’d really just like to be fed, my food is walking around the room and folding laundry. Why is my food folding laundry? Can you please stop folding laundry! Great now my food is cooking dinner and... wait... don't you dare leave the room when I'm talking to you.Hello? Food? Over here! Is it to much to ask have a clean diaper?"

Real life:
“Whaaaa!” "Whaaaaaaaaaaa!"
Joe's articulate agenda:
"It seems pretty crazy in here tonight. I’ll make dinner just so I look like I'm doing something and let you clean up because we are a team right? I’ll go ahead and use every pot and pan we own and leave them in the sink. If Carleton calls you will need to finish dinner and clean up because I'm going to disappear to the garage for about an hour. I think I’ll also wait until it’s five minutes before bedtime to wrestle with Selena, rile her up, and set her over the edge of exhaustion and then babe, you can brush her teeth."

Real life:
"I’ll make dinner, honey.” "Oh wait Carlton is calling, I got the pans out." “Hey, Selena! You can’t catch me!!!”
My articulate agenda:
"Can everyone please eat dinner quietly and completely, take a bath without protest, let me watch my DVR'ed program and go to sleep? If you can’t accomplish the others, just go to sleep! Joe if you are going to pace while on the phone at least empty the dishwasher."

Real life manifestation:
"Sit down and eat, on your bottom, ON YOUR BOTTOM." "Take off your clothes Selena, Selena take off your clothes, TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES!" "Joe?" Must be in the garage. "You do not get dessert you didn’t eat any dinner." "Don’t rile her up please." "Time to brush your teeth, time for bed. It’s time for bed, not one more minute. GET IN BED. I LOVE YOU." Feed, diaper, swaddle, put down, I LOVE YOU, check, recheck. Collapse.
1 comment:
This is hysterical! I can totally see this happeneing! Jess, you are really good at this blog and I totally enjoy reading it!! :) You guys have a wonderfully, typical family!
Post a Comment