Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First day... a day late

Well things don't always go as planned and yesterday was one of those days. Sunday night I was as prepared as I could be to go back to work. By the evening I started to feel a little sick but thinking it was just nerves I tried to forget about it. I went to bed about 9pm but I was having a hard time getting comfortable, my head and throat hurt and every thing ached. By midnight I was feeling really bad, I was freezing cold and sweating, shaking so bad and just not sleeping. My alarm was to go off at 4:30am but I got out of bed at 4:20, I must have gotten about an hour of sleep. I stumbled to the bathroom to take some Sudafed cold medicine. I was so out of it but I knew it would look bad if I called in sick on my first day back so I put on make-up but had to do it sitting down because I was so dizzy. After doing my make-up and hair, both not done well, I decided to take my temp because my face felt so hot. 101.8, crap I was right I had a fever. I fed Natalia in a daze on the couch thinking how the hell was I going to make it through the day. By 5:30am I knew there was no way I was going to be able to drive so I called in sick.
I remember Selena coming in to say goodbye at about 7am but I don't think I said anything to her. The rest of the morning I had the chills and could not even get out of bed. I still had to pump but I could not get up to put the milk in the fridge. At 11am I called Joe to see if he could come home, I knew I needed to drink fluid but I could not get out of bed and the breast milk was in containers by the bed. My temp was 102.8. Joe came home gave me a glass of pedalite and Advil. I then fell asleep until 2:30 when I woke up soaking wet from sweat and my first thought was, "I'm hungry." I knew that my fever broke and I was on the mend. I was still pretty weak all night and had a headache but feeling much better.
So today is my actual first day back, work was very understanding and wanted to make sure I felt better before coming back because many people have been out the last few weeks with the flu. I'll tell you that is was a lot easier to leave Natalia then it was to leave Selena the first time. Natalia took the bottles no problem all day yesterday and was a great baby. Selena on the other hand was asking to go home by 3pm.

No comments: