Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"They just do it on their own!"


Joe started this fun little trick about a month before Tally was born. Selena got three little colored bouncy balls at a birthday party and Joe keeps them hidden on top of his dresser. About once a week when we are all in our bedroom Joe will take one off and when Selena is not looking he will throw it down the hall. He will then ask "Selena, did you throw that ball?" "She will plead the 5th and he will continue with the questioning. "Selena, you know we don't throw those balls in the house." "But I didn't! I don't know why they are doing that!" She will whine. That is when Joe grabs another one and bounces it against the bedroom wall, it will bounce off the ceiling, hit the lamp and land on the bed. Then I start in, "Selena we asked you not to throw the ball in the house." She will again say, "I didn't do it, I don't know why they bounce but they do by them self!" So this will go on for a little while and then we put the balls away until the next time they decide to "bounce" on their own.
Last night Joe threw one down the hall and asked her if she threw the ball and why. She responded with, "I don't care!" Looking frustrated and defeated she plopped on the bed. "I am just frustrated with the balls! I don't know why they bounce!"
It's just such a mean trick but really funny at the same time. I''m sure my parents played these kind of tricks on me...

No comments: