Friday, October 16, 2009

Flu Season 2009

Three days into School Selena started complaining about her ears. As you remember she got tubes at age 1. They fall out on their own after a year to two years. Well last check-up her tubes were gone. So first cold of the season and already an ear infection. It's looking like tubes round 2, love the flu season.
Tally has a little cold, just a tad stuffy and sneezey. Not worrying about it, there is nothing we can do. She got it before going to daycare so can't blame them for this one.
Joe is getting better and worse, better and worse. He is under a lot of stress at home and work. Getting two kids up, dressed, fed and out the door by 7:30am each day is quite the chore. Not to mention working a long day, trying to hit the gym to get some alone time and picking up the kids from school/daycare by 6pm. Natalia usually has her meltdown on the way home and then by the time I pull in at 6pm Joe looks defeated. Last night he had to go back to work until 9pm to finish up things he just could not get done during the day since he had to take Selena to the doctor.
I'm slowly getting better, I am quickly remembering how tired I am by mid week. Yesterday I was driving sleep deprived and almost fell asleep at the wheel twice. 5 hours a sleep a night is not working. My throat still hurts and my head aches. I know I should have not come back to work so fast after the one day flu fiasco but had no choice.
This weekend we are all just going to rest, sleep in and get better. I think we are in for a long flu season.
Stay healthy!

1 comment:

Jamee said...

It's hit us already too! One trip to the ER already down, praying for no more then that! Long season in deed.....