Wednesday, October 14, 2009

There's no use crying over spilled milk...

But I can complain about it. Pumping at work has been, well, it's all coming back to me I should say.
With Selena when I pumped I was in a different office, my old office had blinds but there was no lock on the door so I would put up a sign that said "Please do not enter." Now it was a 50/50 shot that I would have privacy the whole time, I was walked in on about four or five times, each time by a man. He would be embarrassed but I could care less because he was the dummy that walked in on me. After the second time I dropped the "Please" on the sign so it was more like a demand instead of a request, but low and behold it still didn't work.
My new office has a lock but no blinds in the narrow window facing the hallway so pumping in my office is not happening. There is only one vacant office in our building that has blinds but no lock but yesterday it was being used for audits so I did the bathroom stall route. No biggie, been there, done that a hundred times.
Today I had the vacant office to myself, I put the sign up, got myself ready and pumped. 10 min later I finished and was juggling my bottles and pump supplies when I spilled milk on my pants. Seriously! Today?? I have a meeting with the owner in 30 min and I spill breast milk on my pants. Nice work.
I leave the office, which shares a wall with the VP of the Investor Services side. He is about 35, just married over the summer, nice guy and all. I pass his office and he says, "Oh Jessica that was you in there, I almost went to check on what was going on. What were you doing?" Ummm, because I have no shame and I don't mind making a guy squirm and feel uncomfortable I said. "Oh just pumping breast milk, I'll be using that office a few times each day, don't mind me." His phone rang and he looked way to eager to stop our conversation and answer his phone. That is at least one person who will NOT be walking in on me.

1 comment:

Erin said...

HA HA! isn't it funny how squirmish people get about it?! I just read an article about a woman who went on a trip to Mexico with no baby and pumped on the plane, in the hotel etc and brought it all back through security, so funny!

I hate spilling the milk though, i'd be more upset that I lost some than getting on me!but that's because I have hard time with keeping up my supply..