Monday, October 19, 2009

Bowling Marbles

Weekend at home! I love these, even though Saturday we woke up to thunder, lightning and downpours. There is something very comforting to the rain as long as I don't have to go out in it.
After the first busy week wrapped up there was a lot to get done around the house so after sleeping in it was time to do all the laundry that piled up and just do a general pick-up/cleaning of the house.
Joe and I got our flu shots, I know Selena enjoyed watching us get shots since it's usually the other way around. We did the typical weekend Costco run and grocery shopping. The Saturday routine is coming back to me now. It was so nice to get all these things done during the week so I could just enjoy the weekend with the family. But when both parents work the weekends are for preparing for the next week and recovering lost sleep.
We managed to go for a two hour walk between rain storms and wanted to go something fun for the evening so we went bowling. Or as Selena calls it, "marbles." This was her first time playing and the place was packed. It was pretty fun watching her try and roll a 7 lb ball down the lane and it went about 1 MPH each time. With the bumpers on it would bounce back and fourth about 12 times before knocking a few pins down but she LOVED playing marbles. Winner bought dessert at TCBY yogurt, I was the winner. While at the mall Joe thought it would be fun to go into Tilt, the arcade, and play a game. We totally lived it up this weekend and broke out of the norm.



This week is going to be busy, just as we got back into some sort of routine last week I have a quarterly meeting for work. This means I will be leaving the house at 5:30am Tuesday-Thursday and not getting home until after 8pm. Poor Joe is going to have to deal with the nightly duties of two demanding and needy children. Luckily Selena is a great helper when mom is away but Natalia likes to eat and eat and eat from 6pm until 9pm. So Selena and dad will take turns wielding the bottle.


Sleeping in sunglasses


Does my bottom look big at this angle?


Poke!

Oops, sorry!

I'm thinking about... food!

Food! Now!

I'm thinking about... more food!

Flower child


Grandma pumpkin pie and grandpa pookee gave me money for my birthday so I could buy this necklace I have been wanting. It is by Lisa Leonard Designs and says Selena and Natalia. Now I can have my girls with me while I'm away. My friend Erin has one and I loved hers so much so I got one.

1 comment:

Erin said...

yay for the necklace! My chain broke and I have to send the necklace in to get a new one but I hate taking it off! I need to suck it up and do it though...
:)