
The whole crib to toddler bed thing went pretty smooth the first two nights but just like all good things must come to an end, so did this. Saturday morning she figured out that she could get out of her bed and was talking my ear off at 6am so I just ignored her and let Joe deal with it which is what I usually do. Joe is just more of a morning person.

Saturday night, well actually Sunday at 1am Selena woke up screaming so I stumbled out of bed and walked into her room to find her sitting on her bed looking very scared. I asked her what was bothering her and she said "whit dare" and pointed the her CD player. I said "your CD player scared you" kind of like, you have to be kidding me, I've only been asleep for and hour, go back to bed. So I kissed her and put her back to sleep. Well not even 10 min later she was again screaming and crying. I went into her room and she ran to me and would not let me go so we went into the guest room to sleep in that bed. Well two hours later she was still awake sort of but I was very tired so I put her back in her room and told Joe he could deal with it. I'm not very rational in the middle of the night. Like clock work 10 min later she was screaming again. By this time I was wide awake already so Joe and I went in together. She did not want to be in her room at all. We took her into bed with us, which is a no-no, she never gets to sleep with us, but we were desperate.
The next morning I asked her why she was so scared. In which she responded "the elephant scared me," and started whining again like she was scared. So all I could think to say was "the elephant is bye-bye, mommy told it to go away and never come back." Selena responded with "go away elephant, mommy said go bye-bye!" That was pretty much it.

We did turn her bed around to face the same direction as her crib was, Joe's idea. I think the new view of her room was a little overwhelming. Or it could be that the night before we went to a wedding and all she ate was sugar so she was on a sugar high and hallucinating.
She loves her new baby changing, feeding, bathing, dressing station.
No comments:
Post a Comment