Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday task


I have Sirius satellite radio in my car because well, it's way better that "terrestrial" radio as Howard Stern calls it. I always talk up the service, great music and talk radio. I love talk radio and with an hour commute in the morning and at night it makes all the difference in the world. I would have been arrested for road rage by now without it I'm sure. So when the owner of the company bought his new Porsche, because his old Porsche (a year old) just wasn't cutting it, it came with satellite radio. So who better to set up his service? Well someone who has the service, except Joe set mine up so I really didn't know what I was getting myself into. So this morning I was handed the keys to the Porsche and an envelope full of info so I can set it up. This little task, definitely not part of my job description but super fun for a Friday, would involve driving this really fast pretty car. Now I'm not really a fan of the Porsche, not because they aren't nice cars but it's just too in your face for my liking. So this will most likely be the only time in my life I will get to drive a porsche.

It had all the bells a whistles, leather everything, heated seats, back-up driving camera pretty much every option. I only wish I was able to take it out on the highway to see what is can really do but I only took it out of the parking garage and across the street to get the satellite signal.
Oh well, something a little different for a Friday morning and my first time driving a car that's worth at least three of my cars.

No comments: