Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle (area)

Well it's been a week since Selena has graduated from the crib to the toddler bed and I feel like I did when we first brought her home from the hospital. Selena has been very adaptable to pretty much anything thrown at her. The new house, the new daycare, mommy gone for work, the whole pacifier thing, but going from the crib to the toddler bed is a whole different story.
First it was the position of the bed, done changed. Then it was the elephants, I told them to go away, done. Now it's the train? Train? Joe and I have not had a full nights sleep in a week due to all the animals and vehicles that apparently come into her room at night and try to scare her. Last night we tried putting a fan on as white noise and then some sleepy time music. She did fall asleep eventually after a lot of crying.
12am I jolt upright when Selena screams but quickly ignore her and let Joe deal with it. Again, I'm not to good at the whole getting up thing, I never was even when she was an infant. After this happening twice and Joe "dealing with it" he is fed up and closes her door and our door and says "that's it, she can just cry then." That is pretty much the only time I'll deal with it, when Joe gets mad. So in my sleep stupor I stumble into her room, grab a pillow and blanket and proceed to sleep on the floor. My thought was "whatever shuts her up" and this did shut her up, at 1am on a work night I just want to fix the issue and move on, I'm a sucker. She cuddled up to me on the floor and I fell asleep in less than two minutes.
At 4:30am when my alarm went off I went into the bathroom to start getting ready and guess who knocked on the door? "mommy? I come in?" knock knock "mommy? Are there?"
If she wasn't so gosh darn cute in her Dino PJ's it would have been easy to ignore her. So as I got ready she put on lip gloss and blush and we had a girls morning. She did pass out on the couch while I ate breakfast, so much for keeping me company.

No comments: