Friday, August 22, 2008

Big girl bed



Where does the time go??!! It seems like I just bought the crib and now it's time for a toddler bed. Wow, time needs to slow down a bit.

The crib turns into a full sized bed but we decided instead of buying full sized mattresses we would just purchase a toddler bed that can use the crib mattress for Selena's first big girl bed. So last night Joe said "pick me up a six pack and I'll put the bed together." Well I followed through with my end of the bargain, you see Joe has ADD when it comes to putting anything together except bikes and cars. I put together the crib, changing table and many of the other furniture items in the house. After about 10 min Joe had it with the bed and called it a piece of crap and a few other choice words about Vietnam made furniture and went to watch a movie. So I started the task of putting it together until Joe calmed down and we finished it together, even Selena banged the screw driver against the bed a bit.

Last night went great, I don't think she knows yet that she can just get out if she wants to. Time to reorganize the closet and rest of her room this weekend after getting rid of the changing table.

It will be fun to see how the next few nights go, I'm actually looking forward to Selena tip-toeing into our room to wake us up... only on the weekends though!

No comments: