

My instant gratification urge kicked in on Thursday. I had to have the wii fit. The wii fit is a board that syncs with the wii consol, it is an exercise game of sorts that gives you four options. Aerobic, yoga, strength training and balance. You can choose any of these categories to work and then have over 10 activities in each category to play/work-out.
So I was reading a Self magazine at the gym on Thursday and there was an ad for the wii fit. These came out in May and at the time I wanted one but never really HAD to have it. So I went online and did a little looking at the Nintendo site and decided that this was the answer to my weight loss/maintain problem. By Friday I was desperate for one and again saw one advertised on TV, they are good at the advertising. Well I knew like the wii consol that they were in demand and hard to get a hold of. I went to Toys-r-us and they were sold out, two Targets, both sold out. Then went to the mall on Sunday to Game Crazy and guess what sold out. I was pretty much laughed at that I would think I would actually find one.
The wii fit retails for $89, people are selling them online for $125+ because people will pay that. So I pretty much had my dream of the wii fit in the toilet when I pulled out my GPS and looked up Game Crazy stores with-in 20 miles from my house. The second one that came up was in Auburn, WA, less then 10 min form home. I called and guess what?? One left, I took off to pick up my prized item and sacrificed Selena's much needed nap but I had finally found one. Within an hour it was home and ready to set up.
After going through 10 min of picking out my mii, the person that I use in the game, I went through some fit tests to determine my BMI, weight and balance. Joe was on the couch looking less than impressed with my purchase being skeptical that we needed this item, he hates my instant gratification gene. It was determined that I was not in balance, can you say duh. I lean to the right, most likely because I carry a purse or laptop bag. I went through a serious of test, typed in my age, height and then I was weighed. I was told I was normal in BMI, thank god! But do to my, umm, uncoordinated and failure of the test my actual body age is 39. Yikes! So Joe, on the edge of his seat says, my turn, my turn! I still think me typed in the wrong height for himself because the wii told him he was obese and I really doubt that. But he did pass all the tests and his body age is 27! He must like older women.


With the boring stuff done it was time to try out this little magical system that was going to help us lose weight. The first activity was jogging. Yes, jogging in place in the comfort of your own home. We followed this up with basic step aerobics, hoola hooping, ski jumping, soccer ball heading and lunges. So I'm not really sure if this is going to be a quick fix but the look on Selena's face when she woke up from her nap to see me standing on the balance board hoola hooping was priceless. I'm looking forward to trying out all the games, burning a little fat and trying out yoga for the first time.
1 comment:
The Wii Fit is the reason I want a Wii! Glad to know someone who has it and can try it our first!
Post a Comment