So why is this shirt attracting so much attention? It has a Ferrari logo on it.

This shirt has been everywhere with me when I travel for work. It reads like a Johnny Cash song, it's been to Flagstaff, Palm Springs, Sacramento, Phoenix, Portland, Reno, Las Vegas, Vancouver, Modesto, Idaho Falls... well you get the idea. No matter the location no matter the town everyone makes a comment about my shirt. The first few times I wore it I would get, "Did you get the shirt free when you bought the car?'' Or "what color did you get?" In which I would look around to see if they were talking to me and then say "what are you talking about?" I hear the "Is the Ferrai in the parking lot?" or "Do you really have a Ferrai?" questions a lot in which I say I got the shirt at a garage sale and then conversation is over I was working out in Palm Springs at a fancy resort and a older gentleman said "I saw that Ferrari in the parking lot and was wondering if I would run into the owner in here. Nice car." I thought he was joking and gave a little chuckle. When I walked out of the gym there was a Ferrari parked right in front. I wonder what he thought when I hopped into the rented Toyota Camry. Just today I was riding the elevator down to the parking garage from the gym and I noticed this guy checking out my shirt in the gym. He happened to be in the elevator with me and struck up a conversation. "How was your workout?" to which I said fine. Mind you I have earphones in. "So did you drive the Ferrai today?" he said with a smile. So I made some joke like it was in the shop so I had to drive the Magnum instead. He smiled and the elevator door opened. End of conversation.
Well, since I will won't be wearing the shirt again until Friday looks like I'll have to hear the endless Beaver comments when I wear my OSU shirts. I think I should stick to plain white t's from now on.
1 comment:
That is too funny! I bought a Ferrari shirt in italy at the Ferrari store (because I love them and have since I was 8!) no one ever questioned me on it when i wore it. interesting. I guess you look like more of a Ferrari driver...
:)
Post a Comment