I'm sure you know that feeling, you come off a weekend and you have a case of the Monday's. Where your brain is not quite ready to focus, or on Friday I have a case of the Friday's where the last thing I want to do is be at work becasue my mind is clearly already on Saturday. Well what happends if you pull a "Monday" on a Tuesday. Then who can I blame it on?
You see today at lunch I went to the gym. While walking back to me car thinking about the 2pm meeting I pushed the unlock button on my keeys just like I have done a million times. While waiting for the lights to come on showing me the car was unlocked I noticed something. Nothing happened. No lights. I walked closer and again kept pushing the unlock button and the lock button. Again nothing. So I tried the door, well duh, of course it was still locked.
This is where my "Monday" brain set in. I panicked, how was I going to get in to my car? I have no cell phone, my clothes are in the car. Will I need to walk back to the office and go to the meeting in my gym clothes? This is bad, the extra key is at home and I can't unlock my car!
And then it occured to me, there is a key on my key. There is an old fashioned key that will actually unlock the door in just this situation, if the unlock button does not work there is a back up. An actual key. So why did this not occure to me sooner? Well the fact that in the four years I have had this car and the six years with the truck I have never had to use the actual key in the door.
SO there I stood in my gym clothes bending down trying to figure out how to actually use the key, I turned it both ways like an amiture and finally got it to unlock.
So once I got back to work and dressed as I walked away from my car I pushed the lock button and guess what? Nothing happened. Aperantly you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
On an up note my car is out of the shop and looks perfect. They also washed and detailed the whole thing, that should last a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment