
We have been working on potty training each night, not really working on it but before shower her diaper comes off and she wants to try out the potty. She likes to make money! The look on her face when she does go potty is a mixture of surprise and excitement and it's really funny. Of course we make a big deal about it each time so she continues to make progress saying things like "great job Selena, we are so proud of you!" Of course it helps that daycare works on it with her during the day.
So on Saturday she came to the potty with me when we were out, she was asking questions like "are you going potty mommy?" And "can I see?" kids are very curious as most of you know. As soon as I was done she said "did you go potty mommy? GOOD JOB!" I just had to laugh because I don't think I have been told good job for using the potty for over 27 years. This is a skill you just kind of master and then it's an automatic thing.


Saturday evening we went to the Husky Stadium to watch the Beavers play the dawgs (or kick their butts) and during 1/2 time I took Selena to the bathroom with me to get some energy out before the 2nd 1/2. As soon as I went Selena said in the loudest little two year old voice "Good job mommy, I sooo pwod of you!" "You go potty, good job!" Now this rest room was on the quite side so as soon as she said that there was lots of laughter from all the ladies in the stalls, washing their hands and in line. I had to laugh and walking out of the stall to wash my hands one of the ladies said "You must be potty training." "Good guess" was all I thought to say.


After the game she was worn out
No comments:
Post a Comment