Thursday, October 30, 2008

Selena Ramblings and Jessica Ramblings

October is almost over! I can't believe how fast the fall is going, I have tomorrow off since it's Halloween I like to be with my little monster. So what's on the agenda? I am finally registering my car in WA. After almost 5 years I think it's time. Plus my tabs expire so I have no choice.

Selena continues to improve in her talking skills each day and I now feel like I can carry on a conversation with a mini person. The things she says can be funny and interesting and I'm always wondering where she comes up with these things.

Like the other day, she said "stupid bird!" When she saw a bird on the ground. I'm just happy that it wasn't a worse word because she clearly understood how to use the word stupid in a sentence, the frustration showing. Joe and I talked about where she picked up the word stupid and I just figured daycare. Last Saturday when I was driving with Selena I got behind a very slow and well a very bad driver. As my frustration with driving 20 in a 40 grew I said "Stupid driver!" Selena repeated me, "Stupid driver!" Note to self, road rage without Selena in the car.

Selena doesn't just pick up sentences from me since she idolizes her dada also. The latest one that made me laugh was when Selena said "I'm tired, I had a long day." Joe says this one every night and I guess Selena listens. So I said, "Really? You had a long day? What did you do?" And that's when she told me about coloring and playing outside with Collin, Maxims and Amari at school. Sounds rough Selena.

Sunday we went hiking with Selena's little friend Dash and his dada Coty. I'm not very balanced on my feet walking on a downgrade and usually Joe carries her down from a hike but Joe carried her up so since she weighs a ton I decided to give his back a break. We started down the trail and within a mile I must have tripped three times. By the fourth one Selena was seriously scared for her life and said "I want dada to carry me!" I almost peed my pants.

With Halloween here we have been seeing decorative bats wherever we go and she calls them "Batman." Whenever she sees a spider web or spider she calls them "Spiderman." I believe these came from a boy at daycare, Selena has never seen these movies. When asked what she wanted on her pumpkin she said "Batman!"




With all the talking we have been doing the potty training and asking her if she wants to go potty. During the evening (6-9pm) we give her about three options to go potty and her diaper's are no longer wet. She just holds it until she sits on the potty. Last night she had two successes, the first time she picked a penny for her piggy bank and the second time she picked a quarter. She might have her college paid for if she continues to pick quarters.

So what is Joe up to? Joe is working a lot of hours in his new position to get everything organized and usually comes home tired. Tonight he is doing community outreach until 11pm to get kids and prostitutes off the Seattle streets and into a program to get them help. I'm sure it will be really sad to see how these young people live and what they go through each night in the city.

1 comment:

Jamee said...

I'm so jealous of the potty training!!!