Friday, July 11, 2008

Ohh my eyes



I work on a computer about nine hours at least a day five days a week. By Friday I don't even want to look at a computer over the weekend because my eyes hurt. We have a laptop at home but the screen is much bigger, the perfect size. Well when my very small cute Dell work computer of three years started to go on the fritz a few months back I knew it was time for an upgrade. So on Monday I got my new computer. Ummm it's smaller than the old one. Now the old one was the size of a piece of 8.5x11 paper. This one is smaller than that. I had gotten used to the child size keyboard and screen but I would always be squinting while looking at the computer. So after three days of trying to get used to the new toddler size keyboard and screen I was given a monitor and keyboard that hooks into my laptop so everything is bigger. I haven't had a large screen or keyboard in about six years, and I never use a mouse anymore.



Now I have it all and I must say it's pretty nice. My laptop sits on a docking station that all the other cords plug into. So for travel I just take my laptop and while I'm in the office I hook it up to give my eyes a break in hopes that I won't need to get glasses anytime soon.

No comments: