Wednesday, July 9, 2008

No Binkie for My Baby



So last night I cut the tip off and gave it to Selena, when I handed it to her she had that look of content in her eye as she was about to grab that sweet binkie and put it in her mouth. Little did she know it was not going to feel the same. She popped it in and then out it came. She looked at it a little disgusted and after examining it said "ah ohh" "ah ohh" and kept shoving it in my face to get me to see it. I just kept saying "yes, your binkie" as if I had no idea that the end was cut off. After ignoring her she put it back in her mouth and spit it back out and said "no want it, no want the dede" and handed it to me. Was it that easy? Nope, she just wanted me to inspect it and get her one that was not broken. Sorry baby girl. I gave it back to her and put her to bed, the whole "you can have a binkie after you brush your teeth" thing was not going to work anymore so I needed to come up with a new bribe so I told her I would give her a coin for her piggy bank if she let me brush her teeth. This kid is going to be rich! Well I got her into bed and she put the binkie in her mouth and just dealt with it. She would take it out and put it back in and take it out and look at it. About 10pm I went in to check on her before I went to bed and the binkie was in her hand, she was out.
I woke up this morning and went in to check on her and she was not using the binkie! It was at the other end of her bed, my guess is she threw it. She started to stir so I put it in her hand, she put it in her mouth and pulled it out and just held it and fell back to sleep. So far so good, hopefully she can throw it in the trash in the next few weeks and will be done! We shall see if this keeps working, I never hear her cry at night and Joe says she cried a few times.

No comments: