Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The powers within

Eating outside on the deck.

"Sit Mommy!"

"Day Do Daddy"

"Dooogie!"

"Dall Done"
Joe and I have been enjoying the fact that Selena is getting more verbal and we can actually understand what she is saying. Although some of the sentences make no since because she just puts all the words she knows together like "airplane bla ga dooggie de sa two eight sit! So it has been fun figuring out that "melt" is milk and "duce" is juice and "wawa" is water. She loves to count the stairs when she walks up them but always misses seven, and will just up and sing the alphabet any old time, Y I think is her favorite letter because she really yells out Y when she gets to that part.
She has also been figuring out that she has the power to get Joe and I to do things by using her words. Besides "no!" being her favorite word since she is almost two, she loves that "sit!" will make Joe and I sit. In the morning while Selena is eating breakfast and Joe is doing dishes, she will say "SIT!" while pointing to the chair and will keep saying it until Joe sits. I don't blame her; no one wants to eat alone. She also loves pointing out the chair at the table that she wants us at. Last night Joe was sitting to her left side and she pointed to the chair next to him and said "sit mommy!" So I sat in that chair. I could see the wheels turning in her smart little head as she looked at the chair to the right of her and said "sit mommy!" So I got up and moved to that chair, she seemed satisfied with the powers she had and the location of Joe and I. She chatted about airplanes and doggies and then pointed again to the chair by Joe and said "sit mommy!" Such a silly girl.

No comments: