Thursday, April 10, 2008

Interesting few days

That about sums it up. As you know I was to fly out Tuesday am, well my eyes had other plans. 4am my alarm went off and I stumbled to the bathroom because I couldn't see. I washed my face and to my horror, my right eye was almost swollen shut and me left eye didn't look much better. Determined to make the trip for work I put on as much make-up as I could and again checked myself out in the mirror with my one good eye. That's when I broke down, I knew I couldn't go looking like this but knew I couldn't miss work. Without getting into it, it's near impossible to miss work for me. Fast forward a few hours, I did call in and did miss my flight and went in to see the doctor who was concerned that I was not getting better. He prescribed me stronger eye drops that should clear up the redness within 24 hours but the swelling may last due to an allergic reaction to the last drops. Well, 48 hours later the redness is just about gone and the swelling is down but I can't wear mascara for a few more days until the infection is gone and all the eye drops are used. Joe and I both had to take Tuesday off so I could get to the doctor and he had to drive me since I couldn't see. It's hard for him to take a day off since he has an audit this week.
So yesterday the daycare calls Joe because Selena is throwing up and he needs to go home. He calls me and we basically flip a coin because neither of us can miss work. He lost, picks her up and takes her to work with him. She throws up a few times after eating but with his audit and my inability to ever miss work (again not getting into it)both of us had to put work first. Since Joe took off yesterday I would have to take today off if Selena was not better. Well she kept food down last night and was a very happy girl so we all went to bed early in hopes it would be over. This morning guess what?? Selena's eye was red and looked a lot like pink eye. I checked on her before I left at 5:30am, washed out her eye and put in drops hoping that that would work to get us through today. So far I haven't gotten the call but... Now I'm sick, I have the dizzy pounding head, upset stomach, just want to lay down and pass out feeling. So it's just not our week, if we can just make it one more day to the weekend we will have two days to recover.

No comments: