
I decided I wanted to get out of the house last Tuesday night and take Selena to story time at the library. When I was on maternity I would take her to baby story time and she did great. I took her to the Halloween story time a few weeks ago and she also did great. Well... we walk into a room full of kids of all ages, the older ones sitting on carpet squares on the ground, they younger ones on their parents laps, everyone anticipating the stories to come. All except my little monster. All she wanted to do was run around the room to get every ones attention and when she had it, she would squeal with delight, run to me and give me a high five. As if saying "this is great, I'm the center of attention, I know you hate this mom but HIGH FIVE." This went on for 10 min trust me it seemed like an hour. When people started listening to the story and not paying as much attention to her she would try a new tactic. She would run at a kid with one arm cocked in the air like she was going to hit them, each time Joe and I would gasp not knowing what she was capable of but each time she would lower her hand and touch the kids hair or barrette. Then she would run back at me and high five me. Joe and I had it and we couldn't very well paddle her bottom in a room filled with kids and parents so we left 20 min into story time. I guess we will NOT be going next week, maybe in a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment