



I love the holiday pictures my family used to do. Each year was more creative than the last. Whether it was matching sweaters or a summer vacation picture I knew I wanted to continue the tradition with our family. Last year was the first year with the monster so we went to Crystal Mtn in the snow. We dressed Selena up in a snow suit with a cute little hat and matching gloves, Joe and I in black coats and took about 15 pictures until we got one that we all had our eyes open and were semi-smiling or squinting from the sun. Looking back I actually really like this picture of all of us and it's actually the last picture of all of us together. Since I love photography I also got creative with a strand of Christmas lights and a semi naked baby. I put her in her Bumbo seat and covered it with a black blanket, dressed her in a fluffy hat, spanky pants (as Joe calls them), and little fluffy booties. I turned off all the lights except for the strand of lights so the effect was pretty fun. Like a baby seeing Christmas lights for the first time and being able to touch them also, you could see it in her face.
So this year I have been thinking about what to do for months, I know it's only the middle of November but we already had round one of the Holiday pictures with Selena last Sunday. Let's just say they didn't turn out like they looked in my mind so we are going to try again this weekend with a few new ideas. I didn't help that I swore I turned off the flash for the picture last year, only when we did it this year everything came out a blurry mess. Well about 1am Monday I woke up and thought, "no, I covered the flash with my hand, I didn't totally turn off the flash!" I thought about waking up Joe to let him know I had an epiphany but I knew I didn't dare plus I needed to get back to sleep so I could get up in two hours and catch a flight.
I'm in AZ for work this week, 5 whole days and 4 long nights alone without my family. I am missing them but looking forward to this weekend trying some more pictures and Thanksgiving next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment